12 jobb matchar din sökning
Are you a skilled Software Engineer who is passionate about conceiving, designing and testing the complex software required for accelerators at the high energy and intensity frontier? CERN, take part!
Two posts are open in the Beams Department (BE), responsible for the beam generation, acceleration, diagnostics, controls and performance optimization for the LHC and its injector accelerators.
Publicerad 26 juli
Are you experienced in materials science and fascinated by special techniques? Come and join the international team at CERN, taking care of many diverse aspects of materials engineering. Get involved in cutting edge technology and experience challenging interactions with other professionals. CERN, take part!
As a Materials Engineer in the EN-MME-MM section you will:
- Take part in the analysis of materials, in a small group of specialists, in particular using Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) associated with Energy Dispersive X-ray analysis (EDS) and Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD), X-ray diffraction, optical and digital microscopy and automatic image analysis.
- Introduce and carry out research as part of individual studies of materials, perform failure analysis of materials and components.
Publicerad 14 juli
Are you interested in the design, construction, fabrication and assembly of highly complex mechanical systems with unprecedented performance? Are you curious to coordinate the interplay between diverse international collaborators and industry to achieve what hasn't been achieved before? CERN, take part!
As a Mechanical Engineer in the SRF Section, you will prepare and follow the external fabrication through industry or international collaborations of superconducting RF cavities, cryomodules and ancillaries, initially in the frame of the HL-LHC Crab Cavities project at CERN.
The keywords related to this position are superconducting RF technology, use of non-conventional materials and manufacturing techniques, ultra-high vacuum technology, mechanical analytical and finite element computations, use of 3D CAD models and 2D ISO drawings, pressure vessels, safety and reliability.
Publicerad 13 juli
Are you an experienced RF professional interested in working for the largest accelerators complex in the world? Would you like to work at the forefront of RF technology, being involved in components development projects, working along with top scientists and engineers? Our Superconducting Radio-Frequency Section is looking for a Radio Frequency Engineer to help operate the LHC superconducting RF system and to play a key role in improving RF performance of superconducting RF equipment. CERN, take part!
As Radio Frequency Engineer in the SRF Section, you will be part of the team working on superconducting RF (SRF) design, construction, testing and operating high performance superconducting radiofrequency resonators and related equipment for CERN's present and future accelerators.
Furthermore, you will become part of the team operating the SRF cavities in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), CERN's flagship accelerator.
Publicerad 13 juli
The Web Developer’s task will be – together with the PARSE working group – to develop, construct, implement and document the platform’s communication and publishing platform, which will primarily comprise of a digital peer review “journal”.
Tasks and Duties
- To imap out and describe state-of-the-art publishing for artistic and research publishing
- To draw up – in consultation with researchers – design proposals (user scenarios and wireframes) based on a survey of the research group’s needs, their international research colleagues’ needs and artistic practitioners’ needs.
- To develop a publishing process that comprises web publishing, e-books, social media, printed publications and a web-based peer review system.
Publicerad 3 juli
Would you like to have the opportunity to get involved in the whole lifecycle of mechanical production of components and prototypes for CERN's particle accelerators? Come test yourself against a diverse range of production technologies, including high precision CNC machining, complex sheet metal forming and welding. Put your experience in development and organization of production operations at the service of science. Take Part!
As a Quality & Process Mechanical Engineer in the Fabrication Methods & Subcontracting Section your main goal is to ensure continuous improvement of fabrication processes dealing with more than 2,000 fabrication jobs per year. You focus on developing and improving quality processes and organizational policies, you judge the impact of process changes, suggest improvements of the overall quality performance and you feel responsible for taking the organization to a higher level.
Publicerad 29 juni
Does the idea of developing the mission-critical computing hardware infrastructure of the Accelerator complex of CERN, the largest particle physics laboratory in the world, and providing operational support attract you? Take responsibility in the specification, configuration, asset management and operational support of the computing infrastructure. CERN, take part!
Your main activities will consist of:
- Ensure the operational performance, availability and stability of the installed infrastructure, with a special emphasis on the real-time embedded platforms used to the on-line control of the CERN Accelerator complex.
- Take responsibility for the integration of embedded hardware solutions within the Accelerator control system.
Publicerad 29 juni