20 hittade annonser
Are you a master student planning to write your Master Thesis during spring of 2019?
The topic of your Master Thesis will be to create a model which shows how production costs and output are affected by different multi manning set-ups, in a production unit with advanced 5-axis CNC-machines.
- Find which technical and organizational prerequisites are needed for multi manning
- Calculate the profitability for a couple of different multi manning scenarios, compared to the baseline with one operator per machine.
- Suggest tools to follow up the profitability of multi manning
Nu söker vi en student till uppdraget ”Reducering av vibrationer i reglerventiler” med start våren 2019.
- Genomgång och utvärdering av historik för vibrationsproblem
- Litteraturstudie över befintliga konstruktionslösningar
- Framtagande av konstruktionsförslag, utvärdering och prioritering
Du är maskiningenjör med inriktning mot mekanisk konstruktion och med stort intresse för strömningsteknik.
Nu söker vi en student till uppdraget ”anrika guld” ur underhållarbeten och ”fjärrdiagnostik” för ångturbiner med start våren 2019.
- Vad menas med att ”anrika guld”? Hitta det väsentliga i den insamlade underhållsinformationen (korrigerande underhåll, rekommendationer, reservdelar, feedback, etc.) från fältserviceinsatser och fjärruppkoppling mot anläggningar genom att kategorisera detta på lämpligt sätt.
- Skapa en process för att säkerställa ständiga förbättringar av underhållskonceptet, hitta relevanta moderniseringar, etc.
- Föreslå lämpliga mätetal för att säkerställa en ständig förbättring av underhållskonceptet.
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Power Plant Operation Optimization: Economic dispatch of combined cycle power plants”.
The final goal of the project is to develop a mathematical model that minimizes the fuel cost of the studied combined cycle power plants under different constraints as for instance: power demand, maximum available capacity, start-up time etc.
As a first approach the student will build the model to optimize the operation with true data. Then, if the first stage of the project is completed, the student will study the pre-schedule of the machines two days before (unit-commitment) depending on the forecasted demand and the future available capacity. Predictive models for these parameters will be provided.
Are you a master student planning to write your Master Thesis during spring 2019?
This Master thesis is part of Siemens efforts done to develop decision support algorithms to help the power plant operators in their daily life with the decisions they need to take. The final goal of the project is to develop a mathematical model that maximizes the profit of the power plant if they are selling all their electricity in the spot market.
As a first approach the students will build the model to optimize the operation with true data. Then, if the first stage of the project is completed, the student will study the pre-schedule (unit-commitment) depending on the forecasted demand, forecasted available capacity, day-ahead electricity spot prices and day-ahead gas prices.
Study of the outcome of the different design standards typically in O&G and IPG in fields of reliability, availability, safety, performance, environmental impact etc.
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Study of the outcome of the different design standards typically in O&G and IPG in fields of reliability, availability, safety, performance, environmental impact etc”.
Synopsis: 1. Take a sample of 5 O&G projects and 5 IPG projects and do an exploratory comparison to identify 10 to 15 comparison points (design criteria) which are believed to have a significant influence on reliability, availability, performance, safety level, environmental impact, etc. 2. Analyze 30 to 50 projects specs and determine the value of these 10 to 15 comparison points for each project. For each project, based on operation and maintenance data, determine the actual value of RF, AF, efficiency or heat rate, emissions, etc.
Are you a master student planning to write your Master Thesis during the spring of 2019?
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Study and propose a portfolio risk approach and possibly new guarantees based on new connectivity capability”.
Today, Siemens offers guarantees typically on availability, reliability, performance on power output, efficiency (or the heat rate), emissions, performance degradation, and gas turbine start-up time. Collect the fleet data from different databases, then characterize the distribution of the various guarantees offered to customers and derive a mathematical model to simulate and assess the risk of not meeting the guarantees in future projects, and how to mitigate the risks. Suggest new guarantees which could be offered.
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Study of application of performance-based contracts in the Power Generation industry”.
The topic of your Master Thesis will be a study of examining performance-based contracting, an approach to operation and maintenance contracted services based on tangible outcomes, and its potential to transform the power generation operation and maintenance services market.
- A study of current applied performance-based contract solutions in the Power Generation industry;
- Comparison with best practice industries where performance-based contracts are widely used;
- Review of current dominant and emerging theories in performance-based contracting;
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Optimum flexible maintenance schedule”.
This Master Thesis is part of Siemens efforts done to develop decision support algorithms to help the power plant operators in their daily life with the decisions they need to take.
The final goal of the project is to develop a model that optimizes the maintenance cost considering the specific operation profile of a determined customer. Instead of providing fixed maintenance intervals, the algorithm should be able to provide different maintenance schedules depending on the operator behaviour (peak load operation, baseload operation etc.)
Siemens söker för klient, Finspång
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Service organization for maximized customer understanding”.
The aim of this Master Thesis is to provide us with a study of available research results regarding organization set up and governance with respect to capturing and transferring customer information as well as setting the stage for the introduction of new products with business models outside of present scope. In addition, we are also eager to understand your opinion and suggestion for the implementation plan for organizational changes to promote two mentioned aims.
We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment ”Added functionality in profit optimization tool for gas turbine users”.
This master thesis is calling for two tasks to be performed:
- Study expected future gas turbine operation and foreseen revenue models for users and based on that recommend and prioritize additional functionality in the profit optimization tool.
- Implement the recommended additional functionality in our tools.
This assignment is for two students. Please let us know in your application if you are applying together with another student that you wish to work with.
MindSphere is the cloud-based, open IoT operating system from Siemens that connects your products, plants, systems, and machines, enabling you to harness the wealth of data generated by the Internet of Things (IoT) with advanced analytics. At Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Mindsphere will provide data on how machine tools are operating, striving for high performance and predictive maintenance.
The topic of your Master Thesis will be to develop the implementation strategy for our manufacturing units and enhance the way of working with continuous improvements.
- Create a strategic implementation plan for the roll-out of Mindsphere
- Deep dive in installation and machine connection topics
- Close collaboration with IT both regarding hardware and software development
We are looking for two Master Thesis students within the turbine design department at Siemens. Start of project: Spring 2019.
You will be employed for a limited period and will receive an hourly salary.
The proposed work is to be performed within 20 weeks and includes feasibility studies (design, manufacturing, tradeoffs between benefits and cost), design concepts & evaluation resulting in a basic design for a given guide vane. The design can, for example, use additive manufacturing.
The challenge – Project description
- Turbine guide vanes are manufactured by a complex casting method where the external and internal geometry initially are created in different tooling’s, investment casting.
- In order to reduce the internal leakages and overcome insert’s assembly issues due to core geometry variations, the inserts could benefit from a more flexible design.
Now we are looking for a master thesis student within turbine aerodynamics and heat transfer working with 3D CFD starting spring 2019 at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
Prediction of boundary conditions for heat transfer design is something that requires detailed 3D CFD calculations. Right now we have available test data from a very advanced test rig from a European collaboration project to validate our CFD models with.
- We want to continue to investigate using 3D CFD what methods that give the best predictions using both CFX and STAR-CCM+
- We want to validate the methodology by comparing to test results from the EU FACTOR rig tests
Master Thesis: The Parametric study on how the turbine disc geometry influences on the stress concentration factor to be used together with a 2D F.E. simulation of a turbine disc.
Siemens are searching for two students for a Master thesis project during spring 2019
During a concept phase of a development project, many variants of a design are analysed and it is therefore of great advantage to perform FE-analyses using 2D models as these models are quick to calculate.
2D models are used together with stress concentration factors to simulate the effect of bolt holes and cooling air holes when calculating stresses in a turbine rotor disc. Today we are using standard cases like a circular hole in an infinite plate for the stress concentration factors.
Är du student och planerar att skriva examensarbete på masternivå under våren 2019?
Syftet med studien är att genomföra en analys av de förutsättningarna som finns för att bibehålla eller öka värmeffekten från värmepumparna med framtida köldmedium. Koncept på lösningar ska även utvärderas mot nuvarande köldmedium för att identifiera prestandahöjande åtgärder med nuvarande köldmedium.
För att begränsa omfattningen av examensarbetet ska studien begränsas till köldmedieprocessen och dess ingående komponenter. Övriga avgränsningar bestäms tillsammans med examensarbetaren och handledare på Siemens.
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda.
The topic of your Master Thesis will be to develop a Cobot and AGV evaluation tool in low volume and high mix manufacturing. Your tasks will be:
- Screen the market for available Cobot and AGV solutions.
- Develop a manufacturing evaluation tool for Cobot and AGV based on the market screening, i.e. how well suited is a machine, cell or work task to be replaced by a Cobot or AGV? What actions are needed?
- Perform a case study at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery.
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Master thesis proposal (20 weeks)
- The first part of the thesis consists of a literature study where the student becomes familiar with different types of lattices, 3D printing processes and high-temperature superalloys available for additive manufacturing.
- The second and main part of the thesis is to be carried out in the material laboratory. Lattice structures of different types shall be characterized and analyzed, involving cut-ups and sample preparation, microscopy and testing. The effect of post-processing steps, such as heat treatment, on the lattices, should be analyzed, as well as evaluating print repeatability.
To finalize, all results and learnings must be described in a written report and presented to the Siemens community.
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda.
Scope 1: The scope for this Master thesis task will be within the area of gas turbines in the future power system, where the gas turbine is running together with other applications, such as combined cycles or off-shore applications in the oil and gas industry.
Scope 2: The scope for this master thesis task will be within the area of gas turbine health monitoring, understanding future needs and dealing with big data. By developing based on the daily information we receive from our fleet, we can further improve the robustness, add more functionality and increase the technology level within gas turbines and service applications.
Components in modern gas turbines may experience temperatures up to 2000K at rotational velocities around 2000km/h. Since no suitable materials can withstand such loads, much effort is put into the development of efficient cooling methods and these may be the difference between engine failure and success. The introduction of additive manufacturing has given cooling design new possibilities. Recently used methods in experimental heat transfer take advantage of low conductivity materials but in order to capture the effect of the surface roughness, introduced by additive manufacturing, it is necessary to use the actual material in the tests. This call for new experimental methods and this thesis will be a part of that work.
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future.