Junior Data Engineer
- Antal platser
As a Junior Data Engineer with Viaplay as part of Nordic Entertainment group you will join our Data Science Team which is a central initiative supporting Nordic Entertainment Group, that includes companies and services such as Viasat, Viaplay and Viafree. The Data Science Team provides our commercial and product departments with solutions for our data lake, product embellishment and analytics. We have a solid and mature Big Data architecture hosted in AWS Cloud and we work in an open source environment, primarily with Java Spark, Scala and Python.
You will join a kick-ass Data Engineering team and should be prepared for some solid teamwork in a solutions-driven environment. By joining us today we offer:
• An agile way of working where each member has an equal say and direct effect on the way of working.
• Interesting and large amounts of data that come from our streaming services, such as Viaplay and Viafree, as well as satellite/digital, in form of Viasat.
• A growing, well-versed and brilliant team of 9 Data Engineers, 6 Data Scientists and 2 Frontend Developers.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
• You will be a key resource in our mission to build and maintain our data lake.
• You will drive changes in our development processes that affect business decisions.
• You will engineer solutions which will in turn enhance features in the services such as our recommendation engine as part of our Product Intelligence initiative.
• You will be a part of driving change to our data lake architecture to propel the solution to further levels.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that is willing to learn to build and maintain pipelines of data. We believe that you either recently have completed your studies within Software Engineering, are about to, or that you are currently working as a Software Engineer and want to explore the field of Big Data. Crucial, however, is that you are familiar with Java as a programming language. We consider personal qualities such as being driven, problem solving oriented, communicative and having a go-getter-attitude as key factors to succeed in this role. Unfortunately we will not be able to relocate anyone for this role.
• Bachelor degree or higher, graduating in/before the end of 2019.
• A good attitude, sense of humor and ability to work humbly with others in a creative team environment.
• Willingness to learn and curious mind.
• Knowledge in Java programming.
NICE TO HAVES – INCLUDING INTEREST OR EXPERIENCE IN:
• Knowledge in Python programming.
• Big Data Architecture and frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop).
• Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Heroku etc.).
• Fetching everything from traditional, relational data to semi- or unstructured data.
• Data Warehousing and visualization of data.
JOIN US TODAY!
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Anton Tegendal at email@example.com.
NORDIC ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (NENT GROUP) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if youre selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT GROUP is the Nordic regions leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.
Heltid Ej specificerat
Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön
Sista ansökningsdag: 2020-02-08
Ansökan via web
Telefon och hemsida